Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

Life’s short:

I know, from the title you’re probably assuming that this is going to be a gloomy post about death and all that nostalgic malarkey, but this time around I’ll try to add a positive twist.. Key word there being ‘try’. If you’re still applying to Uni, chances are some of you are still a bit confused as to whether you’ve chosen the right course. Don’t panic, this is normal, I’m nearly finished my 2nd Year and even I’m still confused!

Granted you have the freedom (I didn’t really have it), I believe that you should choose something that you truly enjoy and (borderline) might even do for free. I mean, if every job paid the exact same amount of money what would you see yourself doing? At the end of the day it is a bit sad because money inevitably is power, as much as we hate to admit it, which sways careers. For example I’m studying Business Law but (as you may have noticed) my true passion lies in poetry. I reckon, of you can’t pursue your passion; try do it in your free time, like I do. So if mom and dad want you to be an accountant, and you literally have no choice but to do that, if photography is a passion of yours never let it die and make some free time aside for that.

You don’t want to find yourself in a situation where you’re middle aged and evaluate your life and ask yourself “Is this what my life has really come up to?” If you can, chase your passion, because when the salaries and job perks are all gone, you’ll still have it, and wouldn’t you want to go having lived a happy and fulfilled life?


In my opinion, rather be poor or just adequate, and genuinely content, than filthy rich and miserable. I don’t know, we’re all different, but that’s what Russell Thinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment